Friday, January 28, 2005

I wanna fly like a old coot

(here's the updated link - read the comments)

Dadgum whippersnappers don't even know who Steve Miller is? Next thing you'll say is you don't know Peter Frampton either... helloooo, "Frampton Comes Alive" ring any bells? Wild Cherry? Gino Vanelli? Argent?

Well back in my day, we didn't have no seedys or empty threes to listen to, they made us listen to 8-tracks and AM radio, and we were grateful. And no, AM does not mean in the morning. I had to walk eight miles uphill in the snow just to get to Sound Warehouse, and trade them two goats for a Thin Lizzy album.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time.

:)

1 comment:

sackofcatfood said...

Ok, I originally bought the "Steve Miller" line... but "Gino Vanelli"? "Peter Frampton"?

You're making these up! :p

(p.s. your first link is non-functional javascript)