Friday, October 15, 2004

Blog-related Dream 2

This one isn't nearly as long as the others. The only background info you need to know is about IMAO (Frank J) and the T-shirt babe (Sarah K).


In the dream, Frank J invited me to have supper one night with him and Sarah K at her apartment in Amarillo. It was a nice place, tastefully decorated, cozy but not frilly. Typical apartment layout - large living room turning into a dining area in the back, with a small kitchen next to it.

For some unknown reason, I showed up rather late, and the meal was almost ready when I arrived. Frank greeted me at the door, followed shortly by Sarah's greeting from the kitchen. After brief pleasantries (with no mention of monkeys, ninjas, or space lasers), he shows me to the table. As soon as we are seated, Sarah comes out of the kitchen with a large silver platter with a pile of crispy, fresh, home-cooked...


Chicken-fried alligator strips.


I kid you not. Somehow none of us was surprised by this, and we all thought they were quite good, as were the green beans and mashed potatoes.

Halfway through the supper, I began to notice the two of them exchanging glances and trying not to laugh, like they knew something but weren't supposed to tell me. Somehow I already knew what their secret was - they had invited me to supper to let some people do an 'extreme makeover' on my house.

I didn't have the heart to tell them that I already knew about the plan.

I also didn't have the heart to tell them that my house was rented...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. that was a great punchline.

sarahk

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

thanks sarahk! like the last one, i didn't make any of it up after the fact - that's really the way i dreamed it.