Wednesday, September 20, 2006

reviewing the reviews

File It Under has weighed Lauren Sandler's review of the movie "Jesus Camp" and found it lacking:
And the quotes by the politico from New York, Lauren Sandler, are amusing as well.
"The evangelical youth movement will have a negative impact on the country's future, because even the most moderate young evangelicals are inflexible on issues such as abortion and gay marriage. It's an absolute, straight-up us-against-them," Sandler said. "It's, you're either with us or you're against us. Not only are you a sinner, but you are working for the enemy - the enemy being Satan."
HA HA HA. Seriously lady, your acting as if this is a news flash. Look at history, I have over 2000 years of recorded history at my back with marriage consisting of one man and one woman. I have over 2000 years of history saying that it's wrong to kill babies. I have over 2000 years of history supporting the idea that "you are a sinner in the eyes of God." It doesn't take a NASA scientist to figure that out because I am a sinner in the eyes of God. So is everyone that draws breath. Duh.

And as far as your beliefe that it's going to be bad for our country that evangelicals are inflexible on gay marriage and abortions, I scoff heartily. I think it's freaking great. It's not like you have proven to us that you are either (a.Right or (b.Flexible in your line of thought. Besides the over 2000 years of history at my back says that debate for what is "good" for our country will be established at the polls and since you guys are too busy aborting your kids or not having any because your gay, I guess ours will vote.

Still all that being said, let's peel the onion one layer deeper and just expose where this is going, for once.

Liberals hate Christians. They don't like moral codes because they want to do what they want to do when they want to do it and they don't want to be told that they are wrong under any circumstances what so ever. Period. They want absolute freedom with zero responsibility.

Christians. And by that I mean, real Christians who are commited not the "country club members," want God. Period. They want what God wants, when he wants it, the way he wants it and on his timing. That means his rules are to be our rules. His will is to be our will. His timing is to be our timing. We want his responsibilty in order to have complete freedom.

That scares the hell out of liberals. (bad joke, i know)

Folks, I get angry and frustrated with liberals all the time. I still love them. I shake my head in disgust and feel nauseated with the crap that self serving people try to tell me is "right." I still love them. I live in a liberal moral relativist secular society that actively advocates and glorifies immoral behavior of every type, yet can't figure out why they can't be happy and stuff is going to crap. And, once again, I still love them. But make no mistake, I'm commited to God higher than anything in my life. More than my job. More than my country. More than my family. If, and I stress "if", God asked me to commit wholesale destruction in his name, on his enemies, I would do it without question. Luckily for the liberals and the secular, mine isn't a "religion of peace." Ours is a "religion of love" but mostly a "religion of grace."

Liberals need to spend a little time looking up the word "grace." It's catchy. It also explains a lot.

That being said, the other main thing that will scare the secular and rile the christian haters and feed the media is true. Any Christian worth his salt will not bow to the idealistic world liberals think it should be. Their way, isn't God's way. I don't want to live under it. I don't want to raise my kids under it. So I won't support it. We Christians will be against what they want as long as they align yourselves against our God and if they are wondering where that line is drawn let me refer them to the Bible. It has over 2000 (actually more like 6000 - ed.) years of history behind it showing that people that oppose God's will have a tendency to lose over the long run.

So, while the whole hub-bub gears up to paint Christians as crazy and disconnected, let me tap the brakes on that for just one second to point something out. This is the same song and dance we've heard from the left and it's going to be treated the same. We'll shake our heads, we'll say a prayer and we'll continue about our lives. And when polling time rolls around expect more of the same. We have over 2000 years of history telling you what coming, hopefully you'll get wise to that at some point.

No comments: