Thursday, July 20, 2006

good points

CrosSwords has a good way of getting to the point. Examples:

on stem cells: Ok, all you advocates of embryonic stem cell research. You think its such a good idea, pool your own dollars, create a research lab and pay for the research yourself. Just don’t ask me to support research that kills human life with my dollars. After all, I don’t expect you to support the work of my church that enhances human life.

on preventing AIDS: So how do you prevent HIV/AIDS? Abstinence before marriage, fidelity in marriage. Don’t use illegal drugs, and don’t share needles if you do. While you are still at risk if you are a crime victim, or involved in one of the different accidental ways to share bodily fluids, your risks are minimal.

on ending poverty: Bono has asked “What we can do to make poverty history?” My answer was “Promote democracy. Promote freedom. Promote capitalism, opportunty and individual initiative. Attack corruption.” I don’t think that will be a popular answer. (I've linked this one before, but it's worth repeating.)

No comments: