Thursday, December 30, 2004

Y.A.C.H.

The Y.A.C.H. acronym stands for Yet Another Computer Hijacking.

The term became necessary because (drum roll please) my computer was hijacked YET AGAIN!!! It can become tiresome to keep typing out "Guess what? My computer was hijacked yet again", so now I can just title an entry with YACH!, and you'll know that (moviepreviewvoice) in a world of cyberthugs... a new chapter has been added... in the story of one man... in his ongoing struggle... to try to maintain control... of his own computer... (\moviepreviewvoice)

This time the hijackers are my former ISP - or more accurately, the faceless corporation that bought out the faceless corporation that bought out my original ISP. I discontinued service with them to switch to SBC* DSL. Now, on about one page out of ten, the content that I wanted to see is replaced by a warning which says I need to change my DNS settings to make sure that I can still use the service that I CANCELLED OVER A YEAR AGO.

YACH!


* SBC has been wonderful. They have that rare winning combination of having both good customer service and a good product.

No comments: