Friday, August 11, 2006

to the dogs

over the years, i've had several black dogs.

as a teenager, i had a young black wolfhound. it barked quite a bit and annoyed the neighbors. it kept trying to scratch me for no reason at all.

when i went to college, i traded it for a small black spaniel. it was more playful, but my roommate was allergic to it so i had to give it away.

after graduation, i got a black basset hound. it was short and wrinkly, and it mostly just sat around the house.

when i moved to houston, i got two black bull mastiffs. before long they started using me as a wagon. one pulls me around by the right foot as the other one sits on my chest, making it hard to breathe. i tried leaving them out in the country, but they followed me when i moved to this house. now one of them even follows me to work - he has a knack for finding me no matter what.

(p.s. none of this should be taken literally)

No comments: