Wednesday, April 06, 2005

random roundup

here's a bunch of random links - some serious, some not:

Two related articles by Mark Steyn about commentary about the Pope. From the first article:
The root of the Pope's thinking - that there are eternal truths no one can change even if one wanted to - is completely incomprehensible to the progressivist mindset... It requires tremendous will to cling to the splendour of truth when the default mode of the era is to blur and evade.

Some surrealist art links.

Arizona Minutemen.

My stock in Pat Sajak has gone up upon discovery of this post.

In this enlightened age, how can it be that there is a return to segregation in Detroit?

I'm undecided on this discussion about environmental policy, but it is thought-provoking.

Lapses in airport security. Don't worry, they're being fixed.

Sign me up for this time travel deal. Can I schedule it to be picked up in 1979? . . . . . Hmm, guess not. Never mind, I'll do it myself.

On the problems that surround filesharing.

I knew they were coming, just not this soon.

Scrappleface does it again.

Recent blogroll additions: Cheat-Seeking Missiles and Discerning Texan.

Benefits of a messy office.

Also, a "Which file extension are you?" quiz. Mine was .* (wildcard) - bet you didn't see that coming...

No comments: