Tuesday, April 21, 2009

more news through the mirror

this one needs hardly any rewriting to make sense:

Most Americans 'Annoyed' By Perez Hilton's Obnoxious Mouth

The war of words between millions of Americans and some limp-wristed wanna-be started Sunday at the Miss USA competition, when Perez Hilton asked Miss California Carrie Prejean if more states should legalize same-sex marriage. Prejean stated her opinion that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

"When I first heard that sissy whine, I was shocked, because I thought having been from America, whose citizens mostly abhor same-sex "marriage", he shouldn't have even asked that question. There are various other ways he could have just shut up and still stayed true to himself without alienating millions of sensible people." said John Smith of Everytown, USA.

Smith went on to suggest one answer Perez Hilton might have used: "As a potential celebrity C-lister, it is my job not to be a politician but to be someone who entertains people."

Despite Hilton's tantrums to the contrary, Prejean knows her answer cost her the Miss USA crown, and that it was "very rude" for others to question her personal beliefs.

On NBC's "Today" show, Prejean stood by her answer, saying she had "spoken from my heart, from my beliefs and for my God", knowing full well it would offend the Heterophobic-American community.

"When I heard it from him, I knew at that moment after I had answered the question, I knew that I was not going to win because of my answer," she continued. "It's not about being politically correct. For me it was being biblically correct. I'll gladly exchange the world's chintzy crown for a more enduring one later, anyway."

No comments: