Friday, January 16, 2009

was television just a fad after all?

Many families already enjoy the benefits of "tuning out and turning off" by disconnecting Big Brother's sewer line from their households. The federally-mandated shutdown of the analog broadcast provides a logical time for others to follow their example.

update: a reminder from local malcontent's comment

Psalm 101:3-4 (NIV)

I will set before my eyes
no vile thing.
The deeds of faithless men I hate;
they will not cling to me.

Men of perverse heart shall be far from me;
I will have nothing to do with evil.

2 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Yes, and a bad fad at that.

With the exception of weather alerts, from the local weatherguys, and uh, some rare, televised football, the TV in our home isn't touched. And we don't miss it, at all~!

Besides, Psalms 101:3-4 is worthy of remembering.

Wry Mouth said...

Karl Marx was wrong; I have found the Opiate of the People, and it ain't religion...