Monday, May 31, 2010

a memorial to forget

to spite the black dog that keeps following me, i will write my recent random bits o' news in the most optimistic light i can think of, and leave it to you to read between the lines:
  • recent complaints about my work product were largely baseless, and therefore did not result in any formal reprimands.
  • ambulance service response is very quick in a small town.
  • my niece's arterial wound is healing nicely, and she should not remain anemic for more than a couple of weeks.
  • dad's nursing home noticed the changes in his symptoms, and quickly notified both the emergency services and the family.
  • there is a medication for dad's symptoms, and his doctor will return him to the proper dosage shortly.
  • my new (to me) van transported me safely all the way to the aforementioned small town, and more than 90% of the way back.
  • only the outer tread of one tire departed the vehicle, and it did not hit anyone.
  • the inner tire was sufficient for me to safely pull over.
  • the inner median on west loop 820 is quite spacious.
  • the temperature was only in the low 90s, below today's record high, and a nice breeze was generated by the passing cars.
  • a convenience store was less than a mile away, and the personnel there were quite helpful.
  • the cab of the tow truck was air-conditioned.
  • though the ntb nearest to my house was closed for the holiday, there was ample parking for us to leave the van.
  • my budget allows the purchase of towing and repair services.
  • i live in a country awesome enough that these minor events are the biggest of my worries.

No comments: