Thursday, July 21, 2005

A to Z

While netsurfing, I ran across this odd vehicle called the KAZ. For whatever reason, I started thinking of other names that end with the letters AZ, then I started searching for others. Here are my results:

---

BAZ is the first name of Mr. Lurhmann, a film director.

DAZ is a laundry detergent sold in the UK.

EAZ is the ICAO code for Eastern Air in Zambia.

FAZ is a fictional race in the videogame Star Control.

GAZ is the French word for "gas".

HAZ is a restaurant in London.

JAZ is a discontinued disk storage system.

KAZ is an eight-wheeled prototype electric car.

LAZ is a language spoken near the Black Sea.

MAZ is a producer of electronic music and software.

OAZ (technically, Omicron Alpha Zeta) is a Christian fraternity in Memphis, TN.

PAZ is the Spanish word for "peace".

RAZ is a character from the videogame Psychonauts.

SAZ is a Turkish stringed instrument.

TAZ is either a concept in communistic anarchy, or the Tasmanian Devil.

VAZ is a Russian automobile manufacturer.

WAZ (technically, Wąż) is a Polish coat of arms.

YAZ is a band from the 80's.

ZAZ is either a Russian automobile manufacturer, a sweet mustard, or a portable die cutter.

---

How many of these did you know before you read this post? I'll tell you how many and which ones I knew about beforehand in the first comment.

1 comment:

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

I just found the Kaz this morning, but before that I knew:

Baz - from seeing Romeo & Juliet
Jaz - from using one for backup
Maz - from visiting their old site
Paz - from grade school
Saz - from owning one (actually it's a cumbus saz, built more like a banjo)
Taz - from watching WB cartoons
Yaz - from listening their songs

I also had an old piece of music software called Vaz, but I can't find the link for it now...