Saturday, July 09, 2005

chicken donut

Today I ate a chicken donut.

Yum.

Okay, it wasn't really a donut. It was a Popeye's spicy chicken strip which, at some time in its formative pre-cooked years, had curled upon itself and got stuck in a circular shape. The subsequent battering and frying kept it locked in that shape until I ate it, about three hours ago.

Spiciest. Donut. Ever.

It was the highlight of my week. That should tell you about the level of excitement around here...

p.s. Have you ever noticed that fried chicken is the most religiously associated type of fast food? Two of the main franchises are Church's and PopeYes.

UPDATE: I have a new highlight for my week. Just got back from a Rangers' game. Bad start, and a scare in the top of the 9th, but Rangers won 12-10 against the Toronto Bluejays. Part of the highlight is that I had the best seat I've had at Ameriquest Field - the front of the second section (24) almost directly behind home plate.

1 comment:

sackofcatfood said...

The next step is clearly to genetically engineer donut shaped chickens.