Saturday, July 02, 2005

Molten Thought

The blogathon is on! Molten Thought is blogging 24 hours straight to benefit the Armed Forces Relief Trust. Go by and drop something in the tip jar.

(They've already posted more in the first three hours than I did all last week...)

---

Update 1: Wordgirl takes the idea of having superpowers seriously. As does Teflon. My friends and I didn't. Here's a partial list of ours:

One guy's superpower is to create small items within his reach by saying the phrase, "What I really need is a ______."

Another's superpower is to always receive bent silverware at any restaurant.

Yet another's is being able to predict ten seconds ahead of time when either the phone or doorbell will ring, and who is calling.

My and my father's superpower is to find parking spaces close to our destination. Though it has been proven repeatedly over nearly fifteen years, for unknown reasons some people still doubt it. No matter if a spot is needed at the mall on Christmas Eve, or at the civic center during a convention, a space almost always opens up for us. I've even heard reports that this phenomenon has worked without me being present; that people have invoked my name and parking spaces have become available. If for some reason we are not able to find a spot nearby and have to park far away, something mildly unpleasant will happen at that place - like being overcharged at a store, being served bad-tasting food, stumbling over a step, etc.

---

Update 2: This sleep deprivation test doesn't mention having a lousy work schedule.

---

Update 3: Yikes. Was she following a garbage truck or something?!?

---

Update 4: Nobody expects the Hatless Hordes! :)

---

Update 5: Dubya for Mount Rushmore!

---

Update 6: Wow, it's tough to tell what the Founding Fathers' intent was, 'cause they didn't, like, write hardly at all... :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder! I am out of town this week visiting my dad and would have forgotten without your help.

CGHill said...

My mother had this same gift; I was always amazed at how spaces would open up as she approached, and how my attempts to duplicate her approach were never met with success.

Teflon said...

HH-

Thanks for your support of the "Rear Echelon" Blogathon and for sending the Hatless Hordes our way---much appreciated!

sackofcatfood said...

I got stuck with superstrength and the ability to shoot lasers from my eyes. Not much use as a physicist. Why couldn't I have something cool like the ability to compute fourier transforms in my head?