Tuesday, June 30, 2009

tasteless

update: New flavor spotted today at the same 7-11, "Liquid Artillery". Probably comes in 88, 105, & 155 oz. sizes. ;)

In the past couple of months, 7-11 has promoted the Slurpee flavors "Apocalyptic Ice" and "Bumblebee Blast". I'll assume those are movie marketing tie-ins, but they still don't sound very appealing. If they keep following that trend of bad names, someday you might see the following Slurpee flavors:
  • Mango Malaria
  • Sucker Punch
  • Psycho Shower Surprise
  • Gangreen Apple
  • Strawberry Scorpion
  • Sui-Cider
  • Very Very Verdigris
  • Bubonicberry
  • Hand Grenadine
  • Agent Orange
  • Dystopian Delight
  • Hepatitis-YAY!
Please comment if you think of any others.

5 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

I was going to suggest Obama Lemonaide, but won't now.
OT, but I always enjoyed garden salads with a splash of some Tangy Italian. Freudian?

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

Obama Lemonaide?!? Now that's disgusting!!! :D

Wry Mouth said...

let's agree to go with "Obamanade," shall we? It's doing well in focus groups!

Hatless: I liked Hepatitis-YAY! and Very Very Verdigris and Hand Grenadine, please... can I have a mix?

I recall these guys (a favorite pastime of mine and my son) once came up with a "sinful" dessert called Chocazuma's Revenge. I still laugh at that, years later:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail133.html

fillyjonk said...

How about "Windshield Washer Blue."

Because that's what those bright blue, ostensibly-raspberry-flavored drinks make me think of.

Oh, and does Bumblebee Blast come with a warning for those allergic to bee venom?

The Local Malcontent said...

Wry Mouth: and to think, I muted KUSC Classical to watch that....
LOL