an idea whose time has come (heavily-edited list, with additions from comments):
- It's censorship. It is a tool used mainly by people on the left to attack people on the right, but not the other way around. Example: When Carrie Prejean politely said she thought marriage should be between a man and a woman, the PC thugs set out to destroy her life, but when Obama said it he was elected president. It's used to accuse people of racism even when there is no racism involved. It's a scare tactic and a thuggish weapon of intimidation.
- It's bigotry disguised as manners. Most of the touchy-feely names invented for various special interest groups are patronizing and segregating, not sensitive and empowering as they claim. Separating people into classes creates a caste system, totally antithetical to American ideals. PC implies that people in these groups are somehow lesser and weaker and must be "protected" because they are not being treated well by other groups (namely white males) - which is a doubly racist argument.
- It's mind control. The goal of PC always has been to segregate people into classes, destroy the family by marginalizing and polarizing people from traditional values and culture. It also tries to rebrand things to force people to think in a specified manner.
- It's evil. The textbook definition of evil is that which is willfully and maliciously harmful to others. What else do you call something that is used to commit so much harm against people and a society as a whole? It has become a rampant monster that destroys lives, careers, and society. It's been used by race-baiters for years to extort money from business and government by making up racist claims.
- It has produced disastrous results. Besides the ongoing damage to individuals and society as a whole, the morally-bankrupt and intellectually-degenerate media elite used it to manipulate the public into electing president an unqualified left-wing extremist who is bent on destroying our country.
- It impedes our ability to solve society's problems. By not allowing us to discuss issues that are "sensitive" or that "marginalize historically disadvantaged groups", PC dooms society to continue suffering these problems. Example: Bill Cosby was reviled for saying (correctly) that we need to address thug culture and the plague of fatherlessness as part of the problem of the black community.
- It's slavery. Political correctness inflames racist tensions and hatreds that should have died long ago. It imprisons some sectors of society into an amoral "welfare state" and others into a perpetual fear of being sued, slandered, fired, or worse.
- Why should we obey power-hungry liars? Who makes up these lame terms and why should we start saying them? In the country blessed with First Amendment rights, why can't we say whatever we want? The obvious example: In the '60s we were told "Negro" is not acceptable anymore. We should say "black" even though "Negro" is merely the Spanish word for "black". Then in the '70s we were told to use "Afro-American", then later "African-American", even though that term makes no sense. A lot of black Americans are simply Americans, many others are from the Caribbean, and others are of mixed race.