Friday, March 27, 2009

Beck, Rush*, Thinking

*not the great rock band, that other guy.

There's an old pop-culture question that goes "are you an Elvis guy or a Beatles guy?" When conservatives eventually win the culture war, do you suppose people will start asking "are you a Rush guy or a Beck guy?"?

My answer would be "neither", leaning slightly towards Beck. While I agree with a lot of what both men have to say, it's because I have reached those conclusions for myself, and I dislike the "dittohead" bandwagon phenomenon, no matter which part of the political spectrum it's in.

2 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Today, I am reader number '36063'.
Earlier, I've been number '29092' and '33333'.
Signed,

Paranoid

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

"just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that everybody's not out to get you" :D