Wednesday, February 15, 2006

about 40

random thoughts over the last few weeks surrounding my 40th birthday:

i really appreciate that my friends and family did not subject me to the public humiliation of having waitstaff sing at me in a restaurant.

i am glad that my co-workers did not festoon me with black armbands and balloons, etc.

i wonder whether anyone else has made it to this age without ever deliberately ingesting tobacco or alcohol (except nyquil).

i wonder whether the phrase "you're as young as you feel" has any meaning. i feel 70 intellectually, 17 emotionally, and 170 when trying to wake up or exercise.

i would like to celebrate my 42nd birthday with an evening of 42.

2 comments:

sackofcatfood said...

Wow, you're old!

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

You weren't supposed to MULTIPLY all those numbers, dude.

:)