Friday, June 17, 2005

cake

We had some visitors at work today who gave us short notice before they were to arrive. Just after the announcement was made, I sent a quick a.i.m. message to a coworker. Transcript follows:

(edited for spelling & clarity, and the names have been changed to protect the guilty...)

me: if i knew they were coming, i'da baked a cake
cw: it would have been for nothing, because i'da eaten it by the time they arrived
me: if i knew you'da ate it, i'da locked it up
cw: if i knew you'da locked it up, i'da make a copy of da key
me: if i knew you'da copied it, i'da used a combination lock
cw: if i knew you would resort to such lengths, i'da got a bolt cutter
me: if i knew you'da bought them, i'da hired some guards
cw: if i knew you'da hired some guards, i'da taken over the company so they have to follow my orders or get fired
me: if i knew you'da done that, i'da given up
cw: i hope that is a good cake...
me: it's an anchovy cake with rutabaga frosting
cw: perfect!

1 comment:

sackofcatfood said...

Did you know that dishsoap can be used to replace flour as a binding agent in bakery products!?

Unfortunately, people don't buy that it's "chemically equivalent" when you try and pawn of a cookie or two on someone. :{