Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Purple America

Here is a more fair and accurate map of voting patterns by county. Even when I posted this, I knew the old red-vs-blue map was an oversimplification, and wondered if there was a more accurate, 'nuanced' (lurch groan), version.

I found the link to the purple map at LaShawn Barber's blog, which also includes this good quote:

My advice to liberals: Stand tall and be men and women of conviction, if you believe you’re right. I think you’re wrong, but you have the freedom to express your viewpoint. You do not have the freedom to impose your will on me, though.

While you’re refining, repackaging and analyzing your message, consider this: truth is truth and decency is decency. If your “product” doesn’t contain both of these elements, your next advertising campaign won’t appeal to us, either.


UPDATE: Here are some more versions. They look odd at first - read the explanations.

No comments: