Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Out with the old

Things have changed.

I can no longer in good conscience continue to blog in the typically sarcastic, usually angry, and often hateful tone that I have used here at Hatless in Hattiesburg.

The reasons for this decision are difficult to explain clearly, but may be deduced from the most recent series of posts, as well as this earlier post.

Although I still believe that the causes I wrote for (such as anti-abortion, anti-islamofascism, anti-big-brotherism, etc.) are correct, the hateful and arrogant way I tried to oppose and expose them likely did more harm than good. Even my more (allegedly) humorous posts served only as a distraction from more worthy words and goals.

I do not know what the future holds for this blog. I do not plan to shut it down or rework it any time soon, but posts will not be written here in the voice used previously. If there are any new posts here, my goal will be to only write of whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, excellent or worthy of praise, and no more filthiness, silly talk, or coarse jesting.

May each of you and your loved ones have a truly blessed New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

may God bless you mightily.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen the anger, sarcasm, etc. in your blog of which you write. You've already been doing what you now say you're going to be doing.

I have spoken.

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

Maybe it's not as obvious as some blogs because I generally try to write civilly and without profanity. But I have been too hateful of the people who support the causes with which I disagree - most often leftists and islamists.

Each and every one of them* is just as loved by God, just as wretched a sinner, and just as in need of His salvation through Jesus Christ as you and I are.

Many of my posts** would only serve to add fuel to the hate raging around the world, rather than demonstrating the love that can heal this world's troubles. That is what I hope to change in the future.

---

*including but not limited to: Michael Moore, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy, Bin Laden, Ahmenadijad, Barbara Streisand, and anyone named Mohammad.

**examples:
http://hatlessinhattiesburg.blogspot.com/2006/11/oops-he-did-it-again.html
http://hatlessinhattiesburg.blogspot.com/2006/11/that-aint-book-larnin.html
http://hatlessinhattiesburg.blogspot.com/2006/11/apology.html
http://hatlessinhattiesburg.blogspot.com/2006/10/artists-role-is-to-disturb.html