Friday, September 07, 2018

"Where's The Crisis?"

Andrew Klavan asks:
[America's] economy is booming. Our factories are thriving. Consumer confidence is high while unemployment is at historic lows. We are largely at peace with an unruly world... Racism has been eradicated from our institutions. Present poverty here looks like middle-class life in the 80's. Crime rates remain low. With a little work, you can hope to stay healthier longer than ever before. And you can carry the knowledge of the ages in a phone the size of your palm.

Good times... by the standards of human existence — where One is Nuclear Apocalypse and Ten is Peace, Prosperity and Good Will — I’d say the U.S. is at about a Nine, with an extra half point off for lack of Good Will.

So why is it, when I read or watch the news, it sounds like it’s World War Z out there?

...for all the palaver about [Trump's] being a tyrant, well, after eight years of having a Chicago pol in the White House who misused the IRS, the Intelligence Community and the Justice Department by unleashing them on his political opponents, Trump seems like an icon of Constitutional governance to me!

[Unlike the Trump hysteria, the] Obama nightmares were not supported, amplified and spread by news media, social media, entertainment, intellectual and bureaucratic establishments — all of which are wholly owned and operated subsidiaries of the American Left, working with an assist from the institutional Right.

...Trump not only outsmarted [the beltway and media institution] in 2016, he has snatched the national narrative from their grasping fingers and they are fighting tooth and nail to seize it back. That, and that alone, is both the source and the purpose of the panic in the news...

6 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

OK, now one day after the Ford/Kavanaugh testimonies before the Senate Jud. Comm.,
do you see the crisis now?

Come Lord Jesus, Come. Soon~

The Local Malcontent said...

And by the way Hatless, I welcome you back~
I wish you blogged more these days, but I understand the rigor; on the lighter side, I've taken up the opportunity to go back and re-read your blogposts-- I'm through 2009 so far, with a rich, resplendent harvest of earlier Hatless' thoughts yet to come.
On a day when being on the Internet is otherwise lethal, I find quite a bit of solace in reading you.

Reading you, from a decade removed now, my initial impression is that I wish Wish WISH you still expressed your own feelings more these days, rather than Lileks or our friend, Dustberrie Hill. No offense intended, I think Charles would love that reference~
But I would once again urge you to blog YOUR feelings more often, as I've found it to be so very therapeutic to my own well being... I'd hope it also for you, as needed~

You will always be my friend,thus I will always read/respect your thoughts.

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

Thank you very much. I'm finding it easier to photoshop stuff for facebook than to write anything for here... or anywhere else. On this planet, there are no good options, just acceptably bad ones that have to be defended from even worse ones. As far as feelings go, there's not much. "The things of earth have grown strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace", which should be a good thing except my own darkness that I'm not yet rid of. But as bad as that might sound, I've been much worse, and things are getting better. After 2+ years of unemployment (which He carried me through), He's provided a new job that is perfectly suited to me, and shown me a good church to join.

The Local Malcontent said...

Facebook?? How do you have Facebook?

YOU ARE 21 times more anonymous than I, an I can't keep Facebook from hounding
and deleting me for being
"the Local Malcontent". Due to safety concerns I keep a low profile as U know, but
LESS THAN YOU DO, .... wat's up with dat? who do you know? Dianne Feinstein? LOL

DEATH TO FACEBOOK~ unless they OK you, I guess, then it's pretty good............................

The Local Malcontent said...

I smell a rat.

Ohhhhh. koff koff koff


Start my bathwater, then

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

I resisted for sooooooooooooooooooo long, but gave in because my sister's family is all there. Then I added some more relatives, some friends from HS, and a couple more to fame & funnies. Then, between puns and politics, some of the 'alliances have shifted'...