Wednesday, August 12, 2009

high five

I just had an idea for a meme:
  1. Think of five people who have the same first name who you have known personally in your lifetime. (bonus points for more obscure names.)
  2. Type their shared first name five times into a list.
  3. Write a five-word description of each person after each name. Make it epigrammatic, but not obvious enough to only be one person. Ex: no "wonderful love of my life" for a spouse or "answers the phone at work" for a receptionist.
  4. Arrange the list in either (your choice, but say which) chronological or non-chronological order, and number each name accordingly.
The example name that inspired this idea was "Tim", so here's my list:

- in non-chronological order -

Tim 1 - tall musician and pathological liar
Tim 2 - cheerful musician and insurance salesman
Tim 3 - teen victim of rare disease
Tim 4 - artist and former drug addict
Tim 5 - polite non-geeky web artist

And keeping with the theme of fives, you should tag five people with this meme. Mine are:


Anybody else reading this is welcome to play along too... :)

2 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

I'll have whatever he's having...
and make it a double.

Sure, I'm up to the challenge. Give me some time thinking about this one, Bob#3.

Wry Mouth said...

you are kind (or something) to think of me...

I am sorry you did not remember

Tim -- eaten in seventies pop song

And I may have to use Tim again, but first I am going to try another...

Cheers!

And now, I tell you about *my* invented poetical forms, from a few years back:

the pentahaiku and the very much more difficult traiku.

pentahaiku: a haiku using 5 words
traiku: a haiku using 3 words.

:o/