Wednesday, January 23, 2008

party time

update & bump: Welcome all visitors from McGehee, HotAir, and beyond!

Since neither of the major US political parties are truly (i.e. small-government) conservative, it might be time to start a new political party - GET OFFA MY LAWN!

The preliminary platform is:
You want to tax me for the bribes you’re offering people to vote for you? GET OFFA MY LAWN!

You want to impose limits on the kinds of food I eat, based on junk science? GET OFFA MY LAWN!

You want to drag the freest and most prosperous society in human history back to the Stone Age because some wacko claims we’re going to burn the planet to a crisp and drown those cuddly polar bears? GET OFFA MY LAWN!

You want to kill me and everyone else who doesn’t share your belief in the holiness of a meteorite in Mecca? GET OFFA MY LAWN!
update: Dustbury wants a logo, so here's my take:

4 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Heyyah! I went and signed up yesterday, as a member of the Get Offa My Lawn! party. I am liking this membership already, when do we get to pick a candidate?

Wry Mouth said...

Count me in.

The Local Malcontent said...

I need to borrow your GOML logo, Hatless, to promote us at my blog; is that OK?

Hatless in Hattiesburg said...

it's okay. anybody else can use it too, i'd just appreciate a link if you do.